Sunday, June 15, 2008

Back in business...

I hate winter. It's cold and yukky and I really think I'm better suited to a Mediterranean climate. Perhaps one day a Pro Team will fly me and the family to the south of France and pay me an exhorbitant amount of money to work for them and keep Jacq in the style to which she (hasn't) become accustomed...

Anyway, I'm not one to complain ;-), and I seem to be through the lurg phase of winter - although it does like to linger around when kids are involved.

It was great to spend nearly a full week in the shop last week. I started a singlespeed project, I also began turning a Condor frame into a complete bike (pics to follow), I built a few wheels and did several bike fits - my plea for work was more than successful thanks - in fact I'm back to being flat out!

I also did some work on this lovely Time VXsR. It needed a new Campagnolo chain fitted and the bottom bracket serviced, so Glenn pre-arranged a time, rode in from the Hutt and I did the job while he sat on the couch reading magazines and shooting the breeze...



I also gave this stunning Colnago Lux titanium a fettle. My client obtained it second-hand and needed the brakes swapped over and it given a full service. It is in mint mechanical condition, although had not been built to a very high standard - I'm sure now it will be everything that it should be, and that Bill will enjoy punishing it for years to come. Glenn with the above Time used to own one of these and still speaks very highly of the ride of them...





In other news, as they say, the Jazz Apples girls are still in the middle of their arduous US racing program. Since their weekend double in San Jose they have had some struggles with illness, so results haven't really gone their way. Ruth Corset is back on deck after a quick trip back to Australia for a wedding and she's racing solidly, so hopefully as they move into the next few races things will pick up. After Nature Valley finishes on Sunday there is a bit of a break in the schedule before the Manhattan Beach Grand Prix on the 29th, so hopefully this is a chance to regroup and recharge so the girls can kick some arse!

Susy Pryde racing at the Tulsa Tough



Lastly, Simon Kennett begins his valiant attempt at the Great Divide Race in about a week, so send him a message of support or even a financial pledge via the link on the right of my blog - it's for a great cause and a great guy, and I know he'd appreciate hearing from you...

Cheers, Oli

No comments: